The motto “Remember to offer blood before vacation” urges employees, volunteers and friends of Caritas Athens and Caritas Hellas to join the new voluntary blood donation jointly held by the two organizations just before summer vacation on Thursday, July 5th, 2018 (09:30-13:30) in a room of the Athens’ Catholic Archdiocese (corner Panepistimiou & Omirou streets).
It should be noted that Caritas Athens’ Blood Donation Sector was launched 40 years ago; its core of volunteer blood donors still grows, aiming at offering to fellow human beings who are in need (lonely people, Caritas’ blood donors or their first-degree relatives).
– Blood donation is completely risk-free and only takes a few minutes
– Eligible blood donors are healthy men and women between 18 and 62 years old
– Donated blood amounts to 300 gr, roughly 1/20 of total blood measure
– This quantity is substituted within 10-15 minutes
– Blood pressure and the hematocrit are measured before blood donation
Come with us, become a Volunteer Blood Donor. Feel the joy of offering.
Blood cannot be substituted or replaced by any medication.
BE A BLOOD DONOR, IT RUNS THROUGH YOUR VEINS!!!