With the motto “Caritas Athens & Caritas Hellas make hearts beat”, a new blood donation will be jointly hosted by the two organizations in cooperation with Athens’ General Hospital “Georgios Gennimatas”, following the successfully held blood donation of July 6, 2017!
Volunteer Blood Donation is scheduled to run on January 26, 2018 from 09:30 to 13:00, within Athens’ Catholic Archdiocese (Panepistimiou & Omirou streets), aiming at offering to our fellow human being in need.
It should be noted:
– The blood donation is completely risk-free and lasts only a few minutes.
– Blood may be offered by healthy men and women aged between 18 and 62.
– The blood offered amounts to 300gr – equal to roughly 1/20 of total blood amount.
– This amount is replaced within 10 to 15 minutes.
– Prior to the blood donation the blood pressure and the hematocrit are checked.
Life is just like Blood: it is Completed, not Depleted…
Love turns into Blood and Blood turns into Life!
Join us, become a Volunteer Blood Donor. Feel the joy of giving.
There is no substitute for blood, no medication can replace it.