Voluntary Blood Donation for the Staff, Volunteers & Friends of Caritas Athens and Caritas Hellas
Another voluntary blood donation is jointly organized by Caritas Athens and Caritas Hellas in collaboration with the Hospital "G. GENNIMATAS ", on Monday, September 27, 2021, from 09:30 to 13:30 (by appointment only, due to measures against the pandemic), in a room of the Catholic Church of Agios Dionysios (9 Omirou, Athens).
Employees, volunteers, partners, members and friends of the two Organizations are invited to support this effort, announcing it, at the same time, to people who can become blood donors, in order to offer more and more this valuable gift of life to our fellow human beings who need it. !
The volunteer blood donor should have with him/her his/her ID card or passport, and the AMKA number and s/he should also know that:
BEFORE BLOOD DONATION
- To be 18-65 years old
- To be perfectly healthy
- Do not take any medication (certain formulations are excluded)
- Women should not donate blood during menstruation or pregnancy
- It must be at least 3 months since the previous blood donation
- To be rested and have slept for at least 5 hours
- Have not consumed alcohol during the past 24 hours
- If there are tattoos, they must be at least 4 months old
- To have had a light breakfast (morning blood donation), or after 2-3 hours since a light lunch (afternoon blood donation)
AFTER BLOOD DONATION
- Drink the juice and eat the cookies that will be offered
• Stay at the Blood Donation site for at least half an hour
• Do not smoke for 2 hours
• Do not drive for 2 hours
• Do not do vigorous physical activity
• To drink a lot of liquids and eat a good meal
• Avoid drinking alcohol
• To seek help from nursing staff if feeling unwell
Blood sampling is completely safe and only takes a few minutes.
- Blood can be doanted by healthy men and women aged 18-62.
- The quantity offered is 300gr. That is about 1/20 of all our blood.
- This quantity is regenerated in 10-15 minutes.
Before blood donation, a blood donor history, hematocrit test and blood pressure are recorded.
For more info and appointment, you can call in the phone number: 210-3626186